Recently, Reliance has released its new product from Reliance family and that was named Reliance Jio.Reliance Jio was a Grant Success and hit the Market like a thunder-storm. The name Reliance Jio 4G itself indicates that it is a 4G Network.Unlike other popular service providers, Reliance Jio only has 4G Band, that means it does not have any 2G/3G Band Towers. So, obviously, you can't use it on any 3G Smartphone. But thank God! I have found an interesting trick to use Jio 4G Sim on certain 3G Smartphones.
If your phone is based on Mediatek/Qualcomm processor, then you can apply the below-mentioned trick and use Reliance Jio 4G in your Mediatek/Qualcomm powered 3G Smartphone.Not all phone supports this trick, Give it a try and let's see if it works on your device.
I'm listing 4 Tricks below, Go through all of them and see which one works for you.
How To Use Reliance Jio on 3G Phones?
Before going in, make sure that you have an activated Jio 4G Sim.it should be tele-verified and 100% working.After implementing this trick insert the Jio sim onto your Phone and see if the Signal bars appears on your device If no signals are shown that means this trick didn't work for you.
Check If Your Device is Qualcomm or MediaTek:
- Download CPU Z App from the Play store: Play Store Link
- Install and Open the App.
- After opening the App, it will show you the Device information
- If your device is Qualcomm or Mediatek, it will show there with respective Logo.
Method 1: For MediaTek Processor Phones
Make sure that your Phone has MediaTek processor.You can try the below given trick to know your Device information and see if it is Mediatek powered Smartphone.If you have any doubt regarding this, be sure to comment down below and I will help you to figure it out.
Now here starts the Original Trick,
- First of all, Download MTK Engineering Mod App from the Play store: PlayStore Link
- This App will let you open your device's Service options and you can run advanced Developer options.
- Open the App and select Preferred Network Option.
- Now select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM as Network Mode. Now save it and Restart your Device.
- Once you're all done, shut down your phone.
- Insert Jio 4G Sim on Sim Slot 1.
- Now switch on your Device and within less than 1 minute you will start to see Network signal bars on your device.
By using this trick, You can get actual 4G Speed in your 3G Device. If this trick isn't working for you, then you can opt for buying an LYF Flame smartphone which will cost you less than Rs.4000/-
Qualcomm Chipset Devices:
With the above mentioned tutorial make sure that your device is Qualcomm chipset based device and follow the instructions:
- Download Shortcut Master Lite app from Play Sore: PlayStore Link
- Install and open the app.
- Click on the Menu(Indicated by three dots aligned vertically)
- Now search for "Service Menu" or "Engineering Mode"
- Then, select System App.
- Once you get the Engineering option, open it and change your band to LTE.
- If above mentioned doesn't work for you then, Dial *#2263# and then select menu.
- Then go to Input Keys and type "0000"without quotes. Then wait for some time until you get a popup.
- Now from the popup, select UE Settings > Protocol > NAS > Network Control > Band Selection > LTE Band > then select Band "40".
- Now shut down your Phone.
- Insert your Jio Sim on Sim Slot 1
- Turn on your device and see if the Network bars appear or not.
Method 3: For All Devices
- First of all Download Xorware 2G/3G/4G Switcher App: PlayStore Link
- Now open the app and select Network settings.
- Now select and change Network mode to 4G LTE mode.
- Click on Apply and save changes.
- Now restart your device
After doing everything mentioned above, Insert your Reliance Jio 4G Sim in Sim Slot 1 and Turn on your Device.Now check for Network Signal Bars and see if they appear or not.
Method 4: For Redmi 1s Mobile Users
- Open the Dialer, and type *#*#4636#*#*
- Now select Phone Information 1 from testing page.
- Scroll down and click on Preferred Network Type option.
- Select LTE, CDMA, EvDo, GSM/WCDMS option
- After that close it.
- Restart your Device.
This trick will work for sure because I have tested it my own.Now use limitless Jio 4G in your Redmi 1S 3G Smartphone.
Method 5: For Moto G and E Mobile Users
- Open the Dialer and type this number: *#*#4636#*#*
- Click on Phone Information from testing page.
- Scroll down and click on Set Preferred Network Type option.
- Select LTE/GSM auto (PRL) option and close it
- Turn off your device.
- Insert Jio Sim to Sim Slot 1
- Turn on your Device and Network bar will appear.
That's it, guys, Now you have used Reliance Jio 4G Sim on your 3G Smartphone without any issue.
By implementing this trick, it doesn't mean that your phone will become 4G Enabled device, it only Device 4G Signal to work on 3G Band.
Hope you guys found this trick useful and it worked for you.Share it on your Social Media Platform and let others know the hidden secret.
Be sure to Comment down below if you face any problem through the complete Guide, I will get you ASAP!